I get it, you are so loved up, you are tired, grumpy, and the last thing you want to do is read through a list of things to do to prepare for your newborn session. So I keep it super duper simple.
- Wear layers, it get’s so hot in the studio from the heating being on you will think you on a beach in the Maldives.
- Dress your baby in a simple white long sleeve vest or onesie, and we won’t need to change him/her and we can get started straight away.
- Expect to be in some of the images. I know, I know you feel the worst you ever have and can’t possible be in a photo. Trust me when I say you won’t regret it, I will only take photos that make you look your best. Please wear something white, but be comfortable. For dad, plain jeans and a white shirt/t shirt looks amazing.
- Bring a magazine or a book, and just relax while I take care of your precious new addition and get some beautiful images.
- Bring some snacks, the session may take up to 3 hours.
- Only 2 adults to accompany baby please, as my studio is so small. If you would like other adult family members photographed with baby please let me know beforehand and I can accommodate them.
- Don’t stressor panic if he/she cries, poops on all my stuff or doesn’t settle, it happens all the time, I am used to it. If you need to feed them go ahead, it is no problem, they need to eat, so even if you need to feed them 20 times during the session it is no issue.
- You will not be judged for your parenting or life choices in the studio. It is your choice to bottle or breast feed, use store bought nappies, bio degradable nappies, or nappies made of angel tears. I am the last person to judge, I left my newborn sitting in her rocker out in the rain before I realised where she was 🙂
- I just want you to enjoy the session, if you have any concerns please let me know.
Oh, and one last thing, despite all your preparation some things just don’t go the way they are supposed to. If you are running late, it’s no big deal, just give me a call to let me know. Hopefully this “how to prepare for your newborn session” has given you some info into what goes down.
I look forward to meeting your little one soon.