I often get asked “how to prepare for your newborn session”. I get it, you are so loved up, you are tired, grumpy, and the last thing you want to do is read through a list of things to do to prepare for your newborn session. So I keep it super duper simple.
- Wear layers, it get’s so hot in the studio from the heating being on you will think you on a beach in the Maldives.
- Dress your baby in a simple white vest of onesie, and we won’t need to change him/her and we can get started straight away.
- Expect to be in some of the images. I know, I know you feel the worst you ever have and can’t possible be in a photo. Trust me when I say you won’t regret it, I will only take photos that make you look your best.
- Bring a magazine or a book, and just relax while I take care of your precious new addition and get some beautiful images.
- Don’t stress if he/she cries or doesn’t settle, it happens all the time, I am used to it. If you need to feed them go ahead, I am happy to leave the room to give you privacy.
Oh, and one last thing, despite all your preparation some things just don’t go the way they are supposed to. If you are running late, it’s no big deal, just give me a call to let me know. Hopefully this “how to prepare for your newborn session” has given you some info into what goes down.
I look forward to meeting your little one soon.
To book your session you can message me here